Friday, February 17, 2012

A quick summary...

Most of you probably already know all ofthis...but I'll summarize my life really quick anyways. I am the youngest of five kids, and the proud aunt of 10 (almost 11) wonderful nieces and nephews. I grew up in Aurora Colorado, and moved to Payson Utah when I was 15. I am currently a junior at Brigham Young University, studying Psychology with the plan to go on and get a Masters Degree in Social Work, which is what I really have a passion for. I lived in Virginia Beach two summers ago, which I absolutely LOVED (and some days really miss like crazy), I volunteered in Peru for about a month last summer, and had the chance to visit my good friend Meg in Hawaii for a week as well. From those experiences, I have kinda gotten the "travel bug" and want to see so many more places! Currently, I am crossing my fingers that I'll be accepted to go to the BYU Jerusalem Center in Israel during the Fall 2012 semester - I really hope it works out!! I also have been hired to be an EFY counselor for a few weeks thissummer which I am really looking forward to. My philosophy in life is that if you want to do something...find a way to make it work, and do it! I love to be busy, and to always have things planned that I can look forward to.
Some things that I absolutely love:
-Ice cream. For those of you who know me, you'll understand the abnormal quantities of this deliciousness that I consume (often on a daily) basis. :) Sub-zero is my favorite.
-Turquoise. Best color ever.
-Friends. My favorite thing to do is just spend time with close friends, whether it's hanging out and talking, or doing something fun and spontaneous.
-Money. Not only do I love "money" (who doesn't?) I actually love learning about (and applying knowledge of) finances. I find it fascinating, and am kind of a nerd when it comes to budgeting and stuff.
-My family. I really have been blessed to have an amazing family who supports me and loves
me. My siblings are some of my best friends.


-Traveling. As mentioned above, I love it.



-The gospel of Jesus Christ. I am LDS and my religion is a huge part of who I am. I've been blessed to grow up in the church, and I am constantly recognizing how much I appreciate the stability and hope it gives in my life. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and I love sharing the things I know with people around me, because I want them to find the happiness I have found in the gospel.

-Summer. I can't even tell you how much I love the sun. I. Hate. The. Cold. With a passion. Nothing sounds better (on any day of the year) than lying by a pool or at the beach under the blazing sun. Sigh...only a few more months, right? :/
-Reading. I have always loved to read, and even though I don't have as much time (as a busy college student) to read for fun, I enjoy it when I get the chance. Lately I've been really loving gospel related books (probably because of my job at Deseret Book). If you need any recommendations...let me know. :)
-Psych, White Collar, Once Upon a Time, and yes...the Bachelor. I enjoy a lot of shows, but these are the four I am currently watching. :) Love them!
-Country music. Don't test me on this one. I LOVE country. And I pity those (and there are many) in the world who are lying to themselves and missing out on it's beauty. I could listen to Brad Paisley and Lady Antebellum all day (and many many other country artists as well). That being said, there are many non-country songs/groups that I love as well. I'm not exclusive to other genres.

That's all for now! Sorry I didn't have time to find pictures for everything. I gotta figure out an easier way to post pictures on blogs - it's kinda a pain! Any tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment