Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sibling Night!!! :)

So tonight we siblings (minus Justin and Annette who sadly are in Colorado....) enjoyed a night together without any of the kiddos (or parents) around. It was a lot of fun to hang out!!! We first had dinner at Mountain West Burrito, and then later went bowling at Fat Cats. We decided to have a little "friendly competition". We decided to compete as "couples" (Landon and Melissa, Nellie and Bubba, and then of course David and I). We are already all a little intense/competitive, but things got really serious when we decided on the consequence for losing....singing karaoke! Those of you who don't know our family, we Mauler's aren't known for our singing talent. David and I especially didn't even want to think about the possibility of singing in front of people. So the pressure was on! Long story short, after the first game, the combined scores for each of the three couples were EXTREMELY close. Like, ridiculously close. So things got even more intense for the second game. I've never felt so much pressure to do well, but it was still so fun! I started off really badly, but David did awesome, so he helped balance us out. Then in the last frame, when it came down to the wire, I got two strikes, and helped pull us ahead into second place. We barely escaped our punishment!!! :) I was sooo relieved, and so was David. Again, all three of our combined scores came in EXTREMELY close. It was insane! Landon and Melissa won, then me and David, then Nellie and Bubba just a few points behind. Bubba took one for the team (Nellie didn't want to sing - and I don't blame her! I wouldn't have either!) and he sang "I Saw Her Standing There" because he has a great voice! Anyways....overall it was a very fun night. I love my family!!! 

David and I - we make a great unmarried couple :) 
I dread the day one of us is married and the other is not.

Nellie and Bubba :) 

Landon and Melissa - demonstrating a "strike" :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment