Tuesday, August 7, 2012

July in a Nutshell!

Wow...is it really already a week into AUGUST?! I can't believe it. July FLEW by because it was so busy and so fun! I could go on an on for pages and pages, and I could post a thousand pictures, but I'll try to keep it brief. For more pictures (as always) you can check out my facebook! Here's a quick summary of everything since my first week of EFY (which was my last post).

My second week of EFY was up in Logan at Utah State University. It was an overnight session, which means that we counselors get zero sleep, and on top of that, I was really sick, so I literally got about two hours of sleep every night. And then it was go go go from 6:40 a.m. til 11:00 p.m. every day. Talk about working long hours ;) It's amazing though, even with the lack of sleep and being sick, it was probably the best week of my summer. I LOVED the group I was able to work with that week. My co-counselors and my youth were amazing, and I feel so blessed to be able to know them all. We were extremely united and we all connected on so many levels. We had so much fun together, but we also shared a love of the gospel and a foundation of testimony in Christ that made us that much closer. I'll never forget that week! Here are a few pictures from that week :)

 This was the whole group, minus the counselors :) LOVE them!

 Me and my girls :) Miss them! 

 The boys and the counselors :) These guys seriously are the best. 

Ashley, Ben and I. Divine co-ship for sure :) Love them!! (I gotta add a quick shout out to Ben who is getting married TOMORROW! So happy and excited for him and Caitlin!) 

Alright....so after that week of EFY, I had another week in Logan, but this time it was going to be a stay-at-home session, meaning we'd be done by 9:00 p.m. every day and then the youth would come back in the morning at 9:00 a.m. So for that weekend and the whole next week, I was able to stay with my best friend from high school Katie Pace (now Stapley) and her husband Josh. They were the best hosts ever, and I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with them!! That weekend between my two Logan sessions was so fun! Saturday afternoon Katie and Josh took me rock climbing for my first time! It was a blast!!! Then that night I went on a blind date with a fellow counselor's brother, Jarrett. We went with a group to a ropes course which was also SO fun!! It was a little scary (esp. jumping off a ledge 40 feet in the air), but I had such a good time and am so glad I went! I don't know how I had the energy to do all that stuff on Saturday since I had gotten no sleep all week, but it was so fun!! I don't have pictures from the ropes course (there are a couple on fb), but here are a few of me rock climbing. 





Alrighty, so two weeks of EFY down, two to go! My next week was again in Logan, but as I said, stay-at-home which was nice cuz I got a lot more sleep! It was also fun to be done by 9:00 each night, because I was able to have fun with friends in the evenings. This third week of EFY was my only week where I had the 14 and 15 year olds instead of the older group (16-18). There are pros and cons to each age group, but I'm glad I got to work with both!! Again I had a great week, and wonderful co-counselors! Here are some pictures :)


Lexi, me, and the girls :) 

 Me with the boys! :) 

 Some of my girls and I :)

Again, amazing co-counselors :) Josh and Lexi and I!


So after this week of EFY, I woke up early Saturday morning and went to the Logan temple to do baptisms, and then the Bountiful temple to do baptisms as well (on my drive home to Provo). It was so neat to visit two temples I haven't been to before! GREAT way to spend the day! I'll attach some photos of both of those temples, as well as the Brigham City temple (which I stopped to see on my way to Logan). I've almost visited every temple in Utah! :) 

 The Brigham City temple...brand new! 

 The Logan temple...so unique and gorgeous. 

 I like this picture with the flag and the fountain :)

 The Bountiful Temple...absolutely beautiful. 

Side note: while in the Bountiful temple I saw my co-counselor Ben (from Logan week 1) and his fiancee! Totally made my day!! 


After my temple-filled Saturday, I finally was able to go to Provo for about 24 hours before heading out again! Just enough time to do laundry, hang out with my family a little bit, go to Macaroni Grill and then roast some s'mores with Josh, and finally SLEEP! I tried to catch up on sleep as much as I could, but...we all know how that goes. Then Sunday I headed up to West Jordan for my 4th and final week of EFY. This was another stay-at-home session, so I stayed the whole week at my friend Katy's house. (Her family lives there, and she was also a counselor which was so fun!) It was another AMAZING week with incredible youth, awesome co-counselors, and the best session director ever. I could go on and on about how much I loved this week! Here are some pictures...enjoy! :) 

 Lauren, Dan and I...NOT in our polos = so excited! :) 

 Much more typical....:) 

 Love my girls :) I didn't get a pic on my camera of the WHOLE group...sorry to the rest of the girls!

 Love the boys too! They are studs!

Katy and I :) So fun to be there with her!


Then Saturday I got up early to go fishing with Jarrett (same guy I went to the ropes course with) before I headed home again. He LOVES to fish, and I told him I wanted to go, so he was more than happy to oblige! It was really really fun! I can understand better now why people love to fish. It's relaxing, the weather was gorgeous, and as long as you have entertaining company (which I did), it can be really great! I have loved that I've tried new things this summer...golfing, rock climbing, fishing, etc...I'm realizing more and more that I love trying new things (even if I'm not good at them) and I especially love being outdoors more and more (as long as its sunny and warm!) Life is GOOD! Here are a few pictures from our fishing trip :)

 Jarrett, showing me how it's done ;) 

 I love this picture :) I couldn't stop laughing!


Well, there ya go! There's my quick summary of the last month. It's been a good one! Now I'm just counting down the days til I leave for my next adventure...Jerusalem! I seriously cannot wait! It's going to be incredible...I'm getting really antsy. Oh and just fyi...I'm already planning my next big trip....either Australia and New Zealand, or Africa. No biggy. :) Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you Kassie! I bet you were the BEST counselor ever! You are such a doll. I'm so glad that you blog!! Love you

    ReplyDelete