Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer Wrap-Up

I'm sorry it's been a few weeks since I've posted...After EFY finished I didn't feel like I had anything exciting enough to write about :) This last month of summer break has been a good one though. Both fun and productive. The last few weeks I spent a lot of time helping my sister (Nellie) move. They found a beautiful home up in North Provo; closer to the kids' school and Bubba's work. It was a bummer to move out - I'm really going to miss living with them - but I'm so glad they're still in Provo. Last night Josh and I went on a double date with Nellie and Bubba to Macaroni Grill and then to see the new Batman movie. The 4 of us have so much fun together, so I was glad we were able to do that.

So since Nellie and Bubba moved, I've been home in Payson. It's been nice to spend some time with my parents, it's been WONDERFUL to sleep in my amazing bed (always a highlight of being home), and it's been pretty helpful since I'm trying to get ready to leave in THREE days! Not that I'm counting down or anything...
I've been spending lots of time organizing, packing, cleaning, shopping, etc...trying to not only get ready for Jerusalem, but also to be organized for BYU again when I get back. Quite the project, but it's been good.

I've also spent a lot of time this last month with friends and family. My oldest brother Justin came to visit with his family this month, and it's always fun to spend time with them. We played volleyball, went swimming, visited the notorious sno shack a few times, and just enjoyed hanging out! Here are a few pictures :) Sorry I only have "instagram" ones...the rest are on my iPhone, which David now has for the next four months...(yes, I'm having withdrawals in case you were wondering! Okay, not really, but...I do miss it!)

 Corbin and Savannah...definitely have more athletic potential than I did at their ages!

 My two oldest nephews Coltin and Everitt. 
I can't believe how fast they are growing up...they are so fun!

Speaking of growing up fast...Coltin and I have the same shoe size now! Blows my mind.

 Everitt is so great with babies/little kids. Camden's a little stud in those shades. :)


A good summary of the fun we had :) Sno cones, slip n' slide, ice cream, and ping pong! I love my family!

A few other highlights from this month:

 Kenzie, me, and Meg! We were all friends back in Colorado in elementary and middle school. We hadn't seen Kenzie since...7th grade I think! It was so fun to see her again and catch up a little bit! 

Meg and I have known each other practically our whole lives, and even though she moved to Hawaii and I moved to Utah, we have stayed in touch as best we can and have remained close friends. She's getting married September 1st!!!!! I'm so happy for her and Marcus, and I'm so glad I got to meet him. He seems like a wonderful guy (which is a good thing...otherwise I wouldn't let her marry him! ;) haha)
I love you Meg!

 How could I have forgotten about this night?! Definitely a highlight of the whole summer! My sister and I got tickets MONTHS ago to go see Wicked in Salt Lake. It was my first time seeing the show, and I seriously fell in love with it. It was incredible - if you haven't seen it...go see it!! It was fun to have a night out on the town with my sis. She really is one of my best friends!! 

 One of my best friends from high school, Karen Michelle had a beautiful baby girl, Oakley Sue, this month. :) I was so glad I got to meet her before I leave the country! She's such a beautiful baby, and Karen is such a wonderful mommy. 

 Some more pictures of Oakley Sue. She's beautiful!!!

Okay this last picture is totally random, but still awesome. :) I was getting a sno cone the other day in Payson, and we saw Mater!! Of course I HAD to get a picture. :) 

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I can guarantee my posts from here on out will be ten times more exciting :) I can't believe I'll be in the Holy Land in 3 (ish) days!!! I absolutely cannot wait to get over there. Tonight some of us who are going (I don't know anyone else in the group) are meeting at a park so we can get to know each other a little bit before we take off. It's crazy to think we'll all be best friends 4 months from now :) I hope you'll all follow my blog as I take this incredible journey. I won't be on fb, but you can also email me: kassiejo4@gmail.com. Thanks for all your love and support!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment