Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Galilee Days 6 & 7


          Saturday was Sabbath, and it was really neat. We didn’t have church until 3:00 in the afternoon, so it was really nice to have the morning to study the scriptures, spend time with Dal, etc. We went to our sacrament meeting in Tiberias.  The Tiberias branch holds sacrament in a house overlooking the Sea of Galilee...it had an incredible view! I know we get to look at the Dome of the Rock and the Old City during our meetings, but their view is pretty incredible too! The branch there met in the morning (when the other class went) but when we went, it was just our class making up the entire congregation. Dal gave a talk on things he was grateful for, and it was really really good. I loved seeing him up there and realizing again what a strong testimony and love for the Savior he has. 



           On the way back from church we stopped at Yardenit, the baptismal site on the Jordan River. Many religions and faiths use this place to perform baptisms. Bro. Judd (my Old Testament professor here) baptized his daughter there in August...so neat! 

Dal, the Jordan River and I :)


Wow...look at him...:)


Sunday we had class all morning again and then had free time in the afternoon. I spent a lot of time in the sun just reading, talking to the professor’s wives, skipping rocks, etc. It was really relaxing and really fun. I loved it! It was so fun seeing all the kids play around on the beach...they were having so much fun! They are adorable. I really love the kids here, they make me so excited to see my nieces and nephews again soon! Dal was really cute playing with them :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment