Friday, April 6, 2012

Hot Springs, and a Princess in the temple :)

It's been a good week! Starting to get the hang of my my new job, most final presentations/papers are done (or almost done), and spring is here! (Well...except for the RANDOM blizzard we had today. Thanks Utah).

Wednesday night a group of us from the ward decided to spontaneously go hike to the hot springs up Spanish Fork Canyon. A few of us got lost on the drive there, it was MUCH further than expected, and my rings got ruined, but overall it was a fun adventure!!


Love these girls! Me, Brynn and Alissa :)

Me, Alissa and David (my brother)

The gang!! Good times!

So tonight, my roommate and I went to the temple. It was really empty (which is soo rare) so it was really nice to have it quieter and slower. As we were walking to the back row (to wait for confirmations) there was only one man sitting there. He was an older Islander man, and as we were about to squeeze past him to sit down, he got up quickly, stepped out of the way and motioned for us to sit down, as he said "Here you go princess!" It took me by surprise but was so sweet! Then another girl came to sit in the row as well and he did the same thing for her (and called her princess as well). It made me feel really special. It was even more neat because I later saw that he had a HUGE ziploc bag full of family file names to be done. He was radiating with joy of being in the temple, and he was expressing that through kindness to each of us as well. That is truly being Christ-like :) I love the temple, and I love kind people who compliment strangers! Made my night.

So now I'm having a sleepover with Brynn (my roomie) and Katy (a roomie from last semester), and it's so fun! I love girls nights! :) Music, giggling, chick flicks, food, and even MASH! (Some of you will understand what that is....haha...takes me back to my middle school days) Tomorrow I get to go Easter Dress shopping with my daddy, and then to a BYU dance performance. Should be a good Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment