Tuesday, April 17, 2012

To go...or not to go....that is the question!

Stress if a funny thing. It seems that every time one stressful thing ends, another one beings. For example: I just finished my finals today. WOOT!!! :) You'd think I'd feel super relaxed and happy, right? It's definitely nice to be done (well...for a week before I start classes again) but...I feel more stressed right now than I did BEFORE I started my finals! The reason?

I got accepted to go to the BYU Jerusalem center for a study abroad for 4 months this fall! Super exciting right? Yes!!!!!....and no. I have been excited about going to Jerusalem for the past year, and super antsy waiting to hear if I got accepted (everyone says it's super hard to get in). The last few weeks, I started thinking about not going (even if I did get accepted). It's a long story but basically I have lots of dreams, and it was a matter of which ones I wanted to give priority to. Plus, money's a huge factor. Jerusalem sure isn't cheap. Anyways, I felt good about staying, and decided I'd go on an LDS 3 week tour with one of my friends to the Holy Land next spring, to make up for not going. But when I heard that I got accepted....I had the gut feeling that "How could you turn this down Kassie?!" And thus the battle continued...and has been going on in my head non-stop for the last two days. It's driving me insane. I've weighed the pros and cons so many times and keep going back and forth. As of RIGHT NOW I'm leaning towards going though :) I don't have to decide right away, so I'll keep thinking and praying about it. And I'll wait and see if I get any financial aid - that'll be a huge factor.

A friend posted on his facebook today something along the lines of: "I miss my childhood where the hardest decision was picking which crayon to use." Couldn't agree more!

Cross your fingers that I'll make the right decision! I'll keep you all posted!

On the other hand - I move out tomorrow, to live with my sister's family again (I lived with them in VA two summers ago and loved it). I'm looking forward to this summer! It'll be fun :) Maybe not so much spring semester (classes and working) but summer will be great. If EFY would ever let us know which weeks we are hired to be counselors...sigh...don't get me started on THAT ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment