Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bombs and PROM!!! :)

Yesterday was an extremely memorable day. There have been some arising tensions/conflict with Israel this past week, and as a result, we spent some time in our bomb shelters yesterday (the first students to get that "opportunity"!!). Don't panic...we're completely safe, and there is no reason to worry. The Jerusalem Center is in the safest possible location, and our security is top notch! The news makes it sound much worse than it was (at least for us). But keep everyone in the surrounding areas in your prayers! I wish the Holy Land could just have peace again...

Luckily we didn't have to stay in the bomb shelters very long, because we had an important night to get ready for...Prom! This week has been "Spirit Week" and the grand finale was the first JC Prom. It was a blast! :) It definitely didn't hurt that I got to have my handsome fiance as my date, and didn't have to share him with anyone else (everyone else had three girls per one guy, just because of the ratio here). We had dinner and then went into the gym for a dance. It was so fun to see how creative everyone here is, and to have an excuse to actually get "cute" for once! I love how fun everyone here is! 

Enjoy some pictures from the night! Sorry the quality of the pics isn't the greatest. Oh, and I'll catch you up on the past few weeks (in future blog posts) eventually...I just don't want to get more behind. Especially since we leave for Galilee in two days! 

 Some of us hanging out in one of the bomb shelters! :)

Sitting on the floor in the bomb shelter. Dal took this pic, and it actually turned out kinda cool! 

 After scrambling to get ready (and telling our dates three different times to give us "a few more minutes") we opened the door to hear them serenade us with "Out of My League" :) 

 Dal and I eating dinner together :) I love Annie's face behind us! 

 Paul serenading one of his dates :)

 Rosie wearing a wedding dress we found in the shekel shack...love it! haha

Being with Dal, I'm getting more and more used to being up in the air...haha

 Triplets :) Gotta love all the duplicate dresses here at the JC! 
Thanks Sar, for letting me borrow yours!

 Dal and I with the Schaefers (our Branch President and his wife). 
Love them both!

 Best Prom Queen and King ever!!! Brother and Sister Bench! 

The Prom Royalty...so fun! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys are safe! I have been worried, and had a scary dream about bombs last night! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kassie, I am one of your Moms and Dads friends from Littleton. Your Mom told me to look up you blog. This is so beautiful. What a wonderful experience to be in the holy land just made so much sweeter in finding you eternal sweet heart. I love your Mom and Dad and miss them. This was so fun to get a glimpse of your experience there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, that was so sweet of you to message me on here! I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog...I wish I had been better about updating it! There's SO much more I could have written about my experiences here, but just never had the time. :/ But you're right...soaking up the experience (and doing it with my eternal companion) has been worth every minute. I'm very blessed!

      Delete