Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jordan...Days 3 and 4!

The Citadel of Amman, the Temple of Hercules, the Jabbok River, Jerash, Royal Automobile Museum, and Rainbow Street were day 3. :) I wish I could go into detail about all the places (maybe I will later) but for now...wikipedia them or something. I gotta get these pics posted! :)

The guys racing in the arena :)

Me by the Jabbok River. This is where Jacob had his dream of the ladder. 
Really neat to study the stories in the actual locations.

Love this pic. Next to an awesome column, with the city behind me.

Jerash - probably the coolest city I've been to :)

 Neat pic - Dallin's a good photographer :)

I'm not a bad photographer myself ;)
 Dal walking down an ancient Roman street.

These guys played Amazing Grace for us in an ancient theater. 
Way neat! We also sang the BYU fight song there :)

At the Royal Automobile Museum...this was my favorite car! 
The coloring looks different in the pic, but I promise it was turquoise. 

 These are alright too, I suppose :)

That evening we were able to walk around the city of Amman after dinner. We went down "Rainbow Street" and found a crepe place that was DELICIOUS. And the guys working there were super nice. The crepes were so good that I had to go back the next evening as well for another one :/

Day 4 included some Roman theaters and the Jordan River.


Hear, Hear! 

Some of my amazing friends here :)

Model pic with Emily and Sarah! haha love these two! :)

Dal and I kneeling at the Jordan River...such a neat experience to 
be able to visit this site, and feel of the special spirit there. 

 Me with my feet in the River Jordan, where Christ was baptized.

 A random pic Dal took from the bus that I really like.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't even tell you how jealous I am of all these amazing places you guys are seeing! I'm glad I can live vicariously through your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've definitely been to some incredible places - we're so lucky to be here!

      Delete